Sunday, October 16, 2011

I just watched the BBC f1 intro. It looked almost like Vettel had died, the montage that they did. I'm watching it just after finding out about the HUGE Indy car accident in Las Vegas. That is the part that I like the least of the whole sport. I don't watch for the crashes, I dread them.

Unlike NASCAR in the States, where huge crashes are expected, there is something slightly more civilized in Formula 1 (and perhaps Indy, it isn't a series I follow). Then again, there aren't rollbars and windshields to protect the drivers, so that when there are accidents in open-wheel racing, they are a lot harder to watch.

Take today with Schumacher and Petrov, Petrov tried to drive over the back wing of Schumacher, taking them both out of the race. It wasn't as bad as a few other incidents last year, it is still terrifying. As much as I love watching the sport, it isn't something that I would be able to do, I just don't have the balls these guys do.

No comments:

Post a Comment