Friday, August 26, 2011

Spa... F1 is back again...

I was talking to my Mum the other day, telling her that F1 was back this weekend, and all she had to say about it was that it gets in the way of her life.... You see, despite Dad's and my love of the sport, she doesn't like it. Despite this, she can pick her way through the grid like nobody's business, and can usually tell you who the previous year's World Champion was...

I just get a kick out of her because she is so willing to complain about it, yet she is always in the room for the podium events, and the post-race interviews... she's the one that so eloquently pointed out how much better Vettel's english had gotten... It really is shocking to me how people who really don't care about the sport at all can still rattle off facts about it (and shock the heck out of me)

FP3 is on tomorrow morning at about 4 am, so I will likely be sleeping through it, but Quali is usually around 9 am, so I am hoping to be home from the market in tome to "watch" over twitter... The downside of not having cable... At least with Twitter I get some live streaming...

I'm hoping for a really good race to kick off the second half of the season, but the weather could be a major factor (here as well as there, I'm waiting for hurricane Irene to hit sometime Sunday night...)

No comments:

Post a Comment